Soaking up the sun in southern Europe? City trip to Prague? Or still prefer a cycling vacation in our own little country? After two corona summers, everyone is eager for a vacation. Sometimes we want to travel further afield but at the same time keep our trip sustainable. What can you look for while booking for a sustainable vacation?
- Flying has quite a negative effect on the environment. Short flights in particular are very environmentally polluting. Making the same trip by train is 10 times less polluting.
- Protected natural areas are increasingly affected by mass tourism. Consider the coral disappearing due to pollution and warming seawater.
- More luxury = more environmental impact! You consume much more in water and energy not to mention the resulting waste.
Fortunately, there are plenty of alternatives that allow you to minimize your environmental impact. Check out our tips and surprise yourself how easy it is to make your trip more sustainable.
- Do you like to book through a travel agent? Check which travel agency has the highest sustainability score at sustainablebooks.com.
- ‘Sharing is caring,’ sharing is fun, inexpensive and reduces consumption. Think of companies like Blablacar, Car2Go and Camptoo.
- klimaatwijsopvakantie.nl gives you insight into how polluting your planned trip is and helps you find alternatives such as beautiful train routes within Europe.
- Book your trip through wetraveleco.com, a company that offers travel alternatives through local partners and sustainable projects around the world. #travelaware #milieufriendly#protect nature#sustainableenjoyment